Friday, January 20, 2012

Sleepless Week


I didn't do well in the running/ working out department this week. That's okay. I worked so hard from September through December, maybe my body needed an easy few weeks after the marathon. (Or at least I would like to think that's the case). The truth is, I haven't been sleeping well at night. Last night I was wide awake from 12:30-3:30. So when the alarm went off at 4:26, it just wasn't happening. That's part of the problem with not having a goal or not being exhausted from training. When I was training, I got up no matter how terrible I slept the night before. I was dedicated to following my plan. Now, that I don't have a plan that I have to follow, it's allowed me to press snooze one too many times. In addition, my rib is still in a lot of pain when I try to lay down. Finding a position that doesn't cause a terrible pain in the rib area has been quite a nuisance. I only wonder how much longer can this last?

I am hoping to get back into a better routine next week. It's quite tricky to balance a full time teaching job, two kids and trying to fit in workouts. For me, they have to be done before work (at 5 AM) or there's a 99% chance they won't happen at all. Teaching is exhausting. Then it's round two when I get home: playing with the girls, fixing their dinner, baths, stories, and bedtime routine. By the time that's all over, the only thing I can thing about is laying on the couch and mentally tuning out.

Perhaps I need to come up with a plan for next week. I like having goals or plans to keep myself accountable. I am fairly self-motivated when it comes to working out/ running because I enjoy it and I pretty much have done it my whole life.

Things I'd like to add to my running routine: spinning, strength and maybe even yoga (maybe!).

No comments:

Post a Comment